Saturday, May 08, 2010

Hard, hard, hard...

That was a hard ride - cold, wet and windy. It started in rain, and just continued for the next four hours. It was just like January

Good news - I got round, bike was good and most things worked OK - though the Cateye bike computer complained about the wet and the cold, and I've found it's pretty hard to try and blog whilst on the move. Was wearing my winter cycling jersey and a Roubaix jacket over that. Soaking wet but kept me (fairly!) warm.

Bad news - I forgot my overshoes, so started out with wet feet, and it just got worse as there was standing water all over the roads.

Legs feel tight afterwards, which isn't good. Think I need a little spin tomorrow....

Some stats:
Route map: http://j.mp/9ieLcD
Started: 8 May 2010 08:40:31
Ride Time: 3:55:20
Stopped Time: 22:47
Distance: 55.43 miles
Average: 14.13 miles/hr
Fastest Speed: 30.49 miles/hr
Climb: 1506 feet

No comments: