Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Fat old man on a bike

Right To Play have just sent me training schedules for the next few weeks:


Here's an example:


Week 6, Intermediate standard
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: TURBO - 30 mins easy gear, spinning and working hard to rev. without a high power. Save your legs but work your CV fitness and burn some calories
Wednesday: NO FRILLS 2 hours Zone 2 steady pace
Thursday: NO FRILLS 1 hour Z3/4
Friday: Rest
Saturday: HARD AEROBIC 2 hours Z2/3 pulse, constant paced hard session
Sunday: ENDURANCE 3 hours Z3
Yeah - right guys! Well, at least I get into Zone 5 on my Rest Days. Sounds like I'm going to be doing this against superfit teenage students. Great!

Also sent the route profiles - the distances have gone up too: 142km (88 miles), 125km (78 miles), 155km (96 miles). The only saving grace is the climbs - 80m on the first day, 150m on the last, and we never seem to get above 20m between Bruges and Calais. Let's just hope the wind's kind to me. As I have to climb 100m in less than 1km every time I go to work, and everyone else doing this lives darn sarf, I'm just hoping it will be a tortoise and hare thing when it comes to the hills ;-)


Perhaps this wasn't such a great idea after all....

No comments: